Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Carla Liss | Travel Fluxkit







Carla Liss
Travel Fluxkit
New York City, USA: Fluxus, c1973
10 x 11.9 x 1 cm.
Edition size unknown


One of the more obscure Fluxus kits (the above images are the only three I could track down), this thin plastic box contains various "obsolete tickets stubs and schedules" from a trip Liss took with Maciunas in 1972. It was offered for sale for $4.00 from 1972 to 1976 in various Fluxus newsletters, and $6.00 on a May 1976 "Flux Objects Price List".

"I came into contact with Fluxus through George Maciunas, who I met in NY in 1968. In '72 George and I travelled around the Greek Islands looking to purchase land for Fluxus. However, on arriving we learned at that time it was almost impossible for a foreigner to purchase Greek land. Out of that trip came my Flux Island Souvenir Kit and Flux Travel Kit."
- Carla Liss to Harry Ruhe, 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment